Makes approx. six servings
1 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1.5 lbs ground meat (pork or chicken recommended)
10oz cabbage, chopped (or pre-bagged as coleslaw cabbage)
1/2 lb bean sprouts
3 tbsp soy sauce (recommend a low sodium, gluten-free version)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger)
Sesame oil for drizzling (optional)
- Brown and crumbled ground meat in wok or large skillet.
- Add District Spice Chili Dust, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix well, and simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces by about half.
- Stir in bean sprouts, and cook until they are slightly translucent.
- Add cabbage, and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve into bowls, and drizzle sesame oil over the top, to taste (optional).
Cooked ground pork & chicken with Chili Dust, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce added. (double batch)
Cooking in the bean sprouts. (double batch)
Ready to serve! (double batch)
2 tbsp District Spice Ranch blend
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
16 oz (2 blocks) cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Halve blocks of cream cheese, place on chicken.
- Mix together water, Ranch blend, salt, red pepper flakes, and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice). Pour over chicken and cream cheese.
- Cook in crockpot on low for eight hours.
- After cooking, remove lid, and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Leave lid off, and set crockpot for up to an hour on high to cook off any excess liquid to desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with desired sides, on a salad, over rice, or tossed with vegetables.
Crockpot set to low for eight hours.
Cooked for eight hours and shredded.
Dinner is served!
Makes approx 12-13 pieces
2 tbsp District Spice Adana blend
2 lbs ground lamb or beef
1 tsp salt
chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Mix Adana blend, meat, and salt together in bowl until well blended.
- Divide evenly into 12-13 balls, about 1-2″ in diameter.
- Place balls on skewers for grill, or in cupcake tin for oven.
- Grill on medium heat until char forms on one side, flip, then cook on other side until char forms (approx. 10 minutes per side). If using oven, bake for approx. 45 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley, and serve with desired sides.
On the grill
Adana kebabs served with saffron rice and grilled tomato, garnished with parsley.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Creole, Gyro, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
Makes 12 biscuits
2 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
1.5 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey jack)
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (plain, full fat recommended)
4 tbsp butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Mix together District Spice blend, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Add in eggs, sour cream (or yogurt), and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a cupcake tin (or use silicon or nonstick). Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake spaces.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until cooked through and tops are slightly browning.
- Remove from oven, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove from tin, and serve.
Dry ingredients (Creole blend)
Biscuit dough (Creole blend)
Creole biscuits, ready to serve!
Makes approx eight servings
2 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1 lb ground beef
1 lb pork sausage
2 cans (15oz each) diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef and sausage meat in pan, add to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, salt, and hot sauce to slow cooker. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Cook on low for eight hours or overnight. Stir.
- Cook on high with the lid half off for two to four hours, until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with desired toppings, such as sour cream, Greek yogurt, scallions, and/or cheese.
Ready to cook.
Ready to serve!
Recommended Blends: Adana, Gyro, Montreal, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
2 tbsp preferred District Spice blend
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs radishes, quartered
1 tsp salt
2 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Toss radishes with olive oil, salt, and District Spice blend. Spread on baking sheet.
2. Bake at 400F for an hour, or until cooked through
3. Toss with Parmesan cheese.
4. Serve hot.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Montreal, Sriracha, Tuscan, Tuscan Heat
1 tbsp District Spice blend (start with 1 tsp for Sriracha)
1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp (tails removed)
2 tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to pan, heat until almost smoking
- Add shrimp to oil and stir, cooking until slightly pink
- Sprinkle on District Spice blend, and continue stirring until shrimp is cooked (opaque)
- Optional: Add a dash of salt