Recommended Blends: Adana, Gyro, Montreal, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
2 tbsp preferred District Spice blend
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs radishes, quartered
1 tsp salt
2 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Toss radishes with olive oil, salt, and District Spice blend. Spread on baking sheet.
2. Bake at 400F for an hour, or until cooked through
3. Toss with Parmesan cheese.
4. Serve hot.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Montreal, Sriracha, Tuscan, Tuscan Heat
1 tbsp District Spice blend (start with 1 tsp for Sriracha)
1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp (tails removed)
2 tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to pan, heat until almost smoking
- Add shrimp to oil and stir, cooking until slightly pink
- Sprinkle on District Spice blend, and continue stirring until shrimp is cooked (opaque)
- Optional: Add a dash of salt
1 tbsp District Spice Ranch blend
1 cup plain yogurt
- Combine District Spice Ranch blend and yogurt, and whisk until well-blended.
This can be prepared right before serving, but tastes best if prepared the day before, and kept in the fridge until serving. Occasional stirring may be necessary to maintain consistency, due to not using emulsifiers or other preservatives.
Recommended blends: Gyro, Montreal, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
1 tbsp District Spice blend
1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and District Spice blend until coated.
- Spread Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on salt, as desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until roasted. Serve hot.
Brussels sprouts before oven (Montreal blend):
Finished Brussels sprouts (Montreal blend):
Makes 4 burgers
1 tbsp District Spice Montreal blend
1 lb ground beef
4 burger buns (or bread/wrap/lettuce of your choice)
your favorite toppings (cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc.)
- Mix District Spice Montreal blend and ground meat until well blended. Divide into four equal parts.
- Create a patty, about one inch thick, from each portion of ground meat. Cook using your preferred method for cooking burgers, to your desired temperature. Place burger on the bun, adding any and all of your desired toppings.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Montreal, Pork Barrel, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat
2 tsp recommended District Spice blend (1 tsp if using Sriracha, then increase to taste)
1 Dozen eggs, boiled and peeled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat recommended)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of salt (optional)
- Slice all eggs in half lengthwise, place all yolks in a bowl.
- Add District Spice blend, Greek yogurt, mustard, and black pepper. Mix until well-blended. Add more Greek yogurt, if desired, for creamier consistency.
- Fill egg whites with mixture. You will probably have some left over, which is delicious on its own.
Optional: Sprinkle a bit of salt over the top of the eggs.
Optional: Add a pinch of spice over the top of eggs, for a bit of extra color and flavor.
Recommended Blends: Adana, BBQ, Chili Dust, Congressional Grilling, Currying Favor, Jamaican Jerk, Memphis BBQ, Montreal, Nice & Naughty, Plov, Pork Barrel, Poultry, Ranch, SouthWest, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
Bone-in skin on chicken thighs
Coarse ground salt (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees on bake.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack, in baking pan.
Sprinkle District Spice blend over tops of thighs until coated. Give a very light sprinkle of coarsely ground salt over the tops of thighs (optional).
Bake for 45 minutes using top oven rack, or until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
(Chicken thighs with Jamaican Jerk, just before baking)