Makes approx. six servings
1 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1.5 lbs ground meat (pork or chicken recommended)
10oz cabbage, chopped (or pre-bagged as coleslaw cabbage)
1/2 lb bean sprouts
3 tbsp soy sauce (recommend a low sodium, gluten-free version)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger)
Sesame oil for drizzling (optional)
- Brown and crumbled ground meat in wok or large skillet.
- Add District Spice Chili Dust, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix well, and simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces by about half.
- Stir in bean sprouts, and cook until they are slightly translucent.
- Add cabbage, and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve into bowls, and drizzle sesame oil over the top, to taste (optional).
Cooked ground pork & chicken with Chili Dust, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce added. (double batch)
Cooking in the bean sprouts. (double batch)
Ready to serve! (double batch)
2 tbsp District Spice Ranch blend
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
16 oz (2 blocks) cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Halve blocks of cream cheese, place on chicken.
- Mix together water, Ranch blend, salt, red pepper flakes, and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice). Pour over chicken and cream cheese.
- Cook in crockpot on low for eight hours.
- After cooking, remove lid, and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Leave lid off, and set crockpot for up to an hour on high to cook off any excess liquid to desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with desired sides, on a salad, over rice, or tossed with vegetables.
Crockpot set to low for eight hours.
Cooked for eight hours and shredded.
Dinner is served!
Serves approximately 4-6 people
4 tbsp District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend
4 lbs Bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
1 cup Rum
1 cup Olive oil
2 Limes, juiced
1 tsp Salt
- Combine District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend, rum, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a bowl, and whisk until well-blended.
- Place chicken thighs in one gallon resealable bag.
- Pour marinade into bag, seal, and mix to ensure chicken is coated.
- Place bag into refrigerator and allow chicken to marinade about 24 hours. Flip bag about halfway through and ensure chicken is coated in marinade.
- Warm up grill, or pre-heat oven, to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and place chicken bone side down on grill, or arrange on a grill pan for baking in oven. Carefully pour excess marinade over top of chicken.
- Grill chicken on medium heat (or bake in oven) for about 30-40 minutes, until a nice charring forms on the underside, and the chicken feels firm.
- Remove chicken from grill or oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Fresh off the grill!