Serves approximately 4-6 people
4 tbsp District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend
4 lbs Bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
1 cup Rum
1 cup Olive oil
2 Limes, juiced
1 tsp Salt
- Combine District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend, rum, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a bowl, and whisk until well-blended.
- Place chicken thighs in one gallon resealable bag.
- Pour marinade into bag, seal, and mix to ensure chicken is coated.
- Place bag into refrigerator and allow chicken to marinade about 24 hours. Flip bag about halfway through and ensure chicken is coated in marinade.
- Warm up grill, or pre-heat oven, to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and place chicken bone side down on grill, or arrange on a grill pan for baking in oven. Carefully pour excess marinade over top of chicken.
- Grill chicken on medium heat (or bake in oven) for about 30-40 minutes, until a nice charring forms on the underside, and the chicken feels firm.
- Remove chicken from grill or oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.