Makes approx eight servings
2 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1 lb ground beef
1 lb pork sausage
2 cans (15oz each) diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef and sausage meat in pan, add to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, salt, and hot sauce to slow cooker. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Cook on low for eight hours or overnight. Stir.
- Cook on high with the lid half off for two to four hours, until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with desired toppings, such as sour cream, Greek yogurt, scallions, and/or cheese.
Ready to cook.
Ready to serve!
3 tbsp District Spice Taco or Taco Heat blend
1 lb ground turkey
2-3 cups chicken broth
2 15 oz cans white northern or navy beans (drained)
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 small white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4.5 oz chopped green chilies
Brown and crumble the turkey in a pan. Add everything into a crockpot and cook either 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Serve.
2.5 tbsp District Spice Memphis BBQ blend
2 cups mixed beans (black beans and navy work great)
3 strips bacon
1 bottle beer
1 small can tomato paste
1.5 lb ground meat (beef or turkey)
1 diced white onion
1 tbsp molasses (optional)
Cook the bacon, saving the grease in pan. Chop bacon and set aside.
Caramelize onions in the bacon fat. Add ground meat and brown. Add to a pot when finished.
Add beans, bacon, tomato paste, molasses, Memphis BBQ blend, and beer to pot. Simmer on low for 20-30 minutes and serve hot.