Serves 6-8 people
District Spice Poultry blend
6-8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp Olive oil
Less than 1/4 cup Port or dessert wine
- Cut ends off the orange, and slice off four large wheels. Place at the bottom of a marinade pan or gallon-size freezer bag.
- Sprinkle District Spice Poultry blend over chicken, place in bag, and refrigerate for 24 hours. For best results, vacuum seal marinating container.
- Add olive oil to saute pan.
- Place chicken in pan, top with orange wheels from bag.
- Add a splash of port or dessert wine over each orange wheel.
- Cover and simmer chicken over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Check chicken to ensure it is cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat, and leave covered for five minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recommended Blends: BBQ, Chili Dust, Congressional Grilling, Currying Favor, Jamaican Jerk, Memphis BBQ, Montreal, Nice & Naughty, Plov, Pork Barrel, Poultry, Ranch, SouthWest, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
Bone-in skin on chicken thighs
Coarse ground salt (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees on bake.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack, in baking pan.
Sprinkle District Spice blend over tops of thighs until coated. Give a very light sprinkle of coarsely ground salt over the tops of thighs (optional).
Bake for 45 minutes using top oven rack, or until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
(Chicken thighs with Jamaican Jerk, just before baking)
1 tbsp District Spice Plov blend
1 cup Greek yogurt (Greek Gods brand recommended)
1 16 oz package spaghetti (or other desired pasta)
2 cups cooked/steamed broccoli florets
1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped (optional)
Mix District Spice Plov blend with Greek yogurt.
Boil pot of water and cook pasta, as directed. Drain, and return to pot.
Add broccoli, chicken (optional), and yogurt mixture to pot, mix, and serve.
1 tbsp District Spice Currying Favor blend
1 cup full fat Greek Yogurt (Greek Gods brand recommended)
1 boneless chicken breast or 6 boneless chicken thighs
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 white onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
8-10 dates, pitted and diced
1/2 cup sliver almonds
Mix District Spice Currying Favor blend, onion, celery, dates, almonds and yogurt, and set aside.
Heat coconut milk in pan, add chicken, and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
Dice chicken, and immediately add to yogurt mixture.
Serve on salad greens, naan (or tortilla wrap), rice, or is great by itself!