Makes approx. six servings
1 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1.5 lbs ground meat (pork or chicken recommended)
10oz cabbage, chopped (or pre-bagged as coleslaw cabbage)
1/2 lb bean sprouts
3 tbsp soy sauce (recommend a low sodium, gluten-free version)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp ground ginger (or 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger)
Sesame oil for drizzling (optional)
- Brown and crumbled ground meat in wok or large skillet.
- Add District Spice Chili Dust, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix well, and simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces by about half.
- Stir in bean sprouts, and cook until they are slightly translucent.
- Add cabbage, and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve into bowls, and drizzle sesame oil over the top, to taste (optional).
Cooked ground pork & chicken with Chili Dust, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce added. (double batch)
Cooking in the bean sprouts. (double batch)
Ready to serve! (double batch)
2 tbsp District Spice Ranch blend
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
16 oz (2 blocks) cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Halve blocks of cream cheese, place on chicken.
- Mix together water, Ranch blend, salt, red pepper flakes, and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice). Pour over chicken and cream cheese.
- Cook in crockpot on low for eight hours.
- After cooking, remove lid, and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Leave lid off, and set crockpot for up to an hour on high to cook off any excess liquid to desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with desired sides, on a salad, over rice, or tossed with vegetables.
Crockpot set to low for eight hours.
Cooked for eight hours and shredded.
Dinner is served!
Serves approximately 4-6 people
4 tbsp District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend
4 lbs Bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
1 cup Rum
1 cup Olive oil
2 Limes, juiced
1 tsp Salt
- Combine District Spice Jamaican Jerk blend, rum, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a bowl, and whisk until well-blended.
- Place chicken thighs in one gallon resealable bag.
- Pour marinade into bag, seal, and mix to ensure chicken is coated.
- Place bag into refrigerator and allow chicken to marinade about 24 hours. Flip bag about halfway through and ensure chicken is coated in marinade.
- Warm up grill, or pre-heat oven, to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and place chicken bone side down on grill, or arrange on a grill pan for baking in oven. Carefully pour excess marinade over top of chicken.
- Grill chicken on medium heat (or bake in oven) for about 30-40 minutes, until a nice charring forms on the underside, and the chicken feels firm.
- Remove chicken from grill or oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Fresh off the grill!
Serves 6-8 people
District Spice Poultry blend
6-8 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp Olive oil
Less than 1/4 cup Port or dessert wine
- Cut ends off the orange, and slice off four large wheels. Place at the bottom of a marinade pan or gallon-size freezer bag.
- Sprinkle District Spice Poultry blend over chicken, place in bag, and refrigerate for 24 hours. For best results, vacuum seal marinating container.
- Add olive oil to saute pan.
- Place chicken in pan, top with orange wheels from bag.
- Add a splash of port or dessert wine over each orange wheel.
- Cover and simmer chicken over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Check chicken to ensure it is cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat, and leave covered for five minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recommended Blends: Adana, BBQ, Chili Dust, Congressional Grilling, Currying Favor, Jamaican Jerk, Memphis BBQ, Montreal, Nice & Naughty, Plov, Pork Barrel, Poultry, Ranch, SouthWest, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
Bone-in skin on chicken thighs
Coarse ground salt (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees on bake.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack, in baking pan.
Sprinkle District Spice blend over tops of thighs until coated. Give a very light sprinkle of coarsely ground salt over the tops of thighs (optional).
Bake for 45 minutes using top oven rack, or until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
(Chicken thighs with Jamaican Jerk, just before baking)
1 tbsp District Spice Plov blend
1 cup Greek yogurt (Greek Gods brand recommended)
1 16 oz package spaghetti (or other desired pasta)
2 cups cooked/steamed broccoli florets
1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped (optional)
Mix District Spice Plov blend with Greek yogurt.
Boil pot of water and cook pasta, as directed. Drain, and return to pot.
Add broccoli, chicken (optional), and yogurt mixture to pot, mix, and serve.
1 tbsp District Spice Currying Favor blend
1 cup full fat Greek Yogurt (Greek Gods brand recommended)
1 boneless chicken breast or 6 boneless chicken thighs
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 white onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
8-10 dates, pitted and diced
1/2 cup sliver almonds
Mix District Spice Currying Favor blend, onion, celery, dates, almonds and yogurt, and set aside.
Heat coconut milk in pan, add chicken, and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
Dice chicken, and immediately add to yogurt mixture.
Serve on salad greens, naan (or tortilla wrap), rice, or is great by itself!