Makes 3-4 servings
2 tsp District Spice Chesapeake blend
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
3 egg yolks
Juice from half a lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Couple dashes salt
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, yolks, and lemon juice until blended.
- Heat mixture using a double boiler (if you don’t have one, place a strainer/sieve over a sauce pan of water and place bowl in the sieve, ensuring water is not high enough to spill into bowl), stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes over low-medium heat, until the sauce is hot, but not simmering.
- Remove from heat and stir in Chesapeake blend, mustard, and a couple dashes of salt.
- Mix well, and serve over eggs!
Chesapeake Yogurt Hollandaise, used to make Crabcake Eggs Benedict
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see below for recommended blends and optional add-ins)
2-3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Recommended Blends & Optional Add-ins:
– Chili Dust: 1 cup black beans, 1/4-1/2 cup diced onions
– Creole: cheese only
– SouthWest: salsa & sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (add these after cooking, to taste)
– Taco/Taco Heat: 4 oz cooked ground beef, 1/4-1/2 cup diced onions, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (after cooking, to taste)
Break all 8 eggs into a bowl, add District Spice blend, and scramble thoroughly.
Add eggs to a hot pan and scramble, mixing in add-ins as desired.
District Spice Tuscan or Tuscan Heat blend
Butter or olive oil
Toast bread, spread on butter or olive oil, and sprinkle on District Spice Tuscan blend. Serve.