Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Creole, Gyro, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
Makes 12 biscuits
2 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
1.5 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey jack)
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (plain, full fat recommended)
4 tbsp butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Mix together District Spice blend, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Add in eggs, sour cream (or yogurt), and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a cupcake tin (or use silicon or nonstick). Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake spaces.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until cooked through and tops are slightly browning.
- Remove from oven, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove from tin, and serve.
Dry ingredients (Creole blend)
Biscuit dough (Creole blend)
Creole biscuits, ready to serve!