Makes approx 12-13 pieces
2 tbsp District Spice Adana blend
2 lbs ground lamb or beef
1 tsp salt
chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Mix Adana blend, meat, and salt together in bowl until well blended.
- Divide evenly into 12-13 balls, about 1-2″ in diameter.
- Place balls on skewers for grill, or in cupcake tin for oven.
- Grill on medium heat until char forms on one side, flip, then cook on other side until char forms (approx. 10 minutes per side). If using oven, bake for approx. 45 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley, and serve with desired sides.
On the grill
Adana kebabs served with saffron rice and grilled tomato, garnished with parsley.
Makes approx eight servings
2 tbsp District Spice Chili Dust blend
1 lb ground beef
1 lb pork sausage
2 cans (15oz each) diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef and sausage meat in pan, add to slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, salt, and hot sauce to slow cooker. Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Cook on low for eight hours or overnight. Stir.
- Cook on high with the lid half off for two to four hours, until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with desired toppings, such as sour cream, Greek yogurt, scallions, and/or cheese.
Ready to cook.
Ready to serve!
1 tbsp District Spice Taco or Taco Heat blend
1 lb ground beef (or your choice of protein)
8 corn tortillas or lettuce/cabbage leaves
4 oz shredded cheese (optional)
Shredded lettuce, romaine recommended (optional)
Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
Add Taco/Taco Heat blend and ground beef to pan and cook until brown and crumbled.
While cooking, heat corn tortillas either in separate pan or microwave.
Add beef to corn tortillas. Serve with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream/Greek yogurt (and any other toppings you want) to taste.