Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Montreal, Sriracha, Tuscan, Tuscan Heat
1 tbsp District Spice blend (start with 1 tsp for Sriracha)
1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp (tails removed)
2 tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to pan, heat until almost smoking
- Add shrimp to oil and stir, cooking until slightly pink
- Sprinkle on District Spice blend, and continue stirring until shrimp is cooked (opaque)
- Optional: Add a dash of salt
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
2 tbsp District Spice Montreal blend
3 lbs russet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Optional: 4 strips bacon (pork or vegan substitute), cooked & chopped into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces; 1 red onion, chopped and sauteed; splash dessert wine
- Combine olive oil and District Spice Montreal blend in container, and let sit for one hour. For best results, let blend infuse overnight.
- Dice potatoes into circa 1/2 inch pieces, and soak for one hour in cool water, to remove excess starch.
- Strain potatoes and allow to dry. Use a towel to pat potatoes dry as needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Optional: Dice red onion. Use a small amount of oil, or fat from the bacon, to caramelize the onion. For additional flavor, add some dessert wine to onions and saute until liquid is gone. Add onion to bacon, mix, and set aside.
- Toss dry potatoes in a bowl with Montreal-infused olive oil. Once coated, arrange potatoes in baking dish one layer deep. Pour any remain oil in the bowl over the potatoes.
- Bake dish for 30 minutes. Toss potatoes in dish, and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned.
- Optional: Sprinkle bacon/onion mixture over potatoes and continuing baking for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.Montreal roasted potatoes, vegan style
Recommended blends: Gyro, Montreal, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
1 tbsp District Spice blend
1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and District Spice blend until coated.
- Spread Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on salt, as desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until roasted. Serve hot.
Brussels sprouts before oven (Montreal blend):
Finished Brussels sprouts (Montreal blend):
Makes 4 burgers
1 tbsp District Spice Montreal blend
1 lb ground beef
4 burger buns
your favorite toppings (cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc.)
- Mix District Spice Montreal blend and ground meat until well blended. Divide into four equal parts.
- Create a patty, about one inch thick, from each portion of ground meat. Cook using your preferred method for cooking burgers, to your desired temperature. Place burger on the bun, adding any and all of your desired toppings.
1-2 tbsp District Spice Montreal blend (depending on how peppery you want your dish)
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
3 carrots, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
Dash salt (optional)
- Coin the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the carrots to the skillet and toss/stir to coat in olive oil. Cook until slightly soft, then add remaining vegetables.
- After about 3 minutes, add the District Spice Montreal blend. Toss/stir to coat.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until done to preference. Sprinkle on some salt, if desired, and toss. Serve hot.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Montreal, Pork Barrel, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat
2 tsp recommended District Spice blend (1 tsp if using Sriracha, then increase to taste)
1 Dozen eggs, boiled and peeled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat recommended)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of salt (optional)
- Slice all eggs in half lengthwise, place all yolks in a bowl.
- Add District Spice blend, Greek yogurt, mustard, and black pepper. Mix until well-blended. Add more Greek yogurt, if desired, for creamier consistency.
- Fill egg whites with mixture. You will probably have some left over, which is delicious on its own.
Optional: Sprinkle a bit of salt over the top of the eggs.
Optional: Add a pinch of spice over the top of eggs, for a bit of extra color and flavor.
Recommended Blends: Adana, BBQ, Chili Dust, Congressional Grilling, Currying Favor, Jamaican Jerk, Memphis BBQ, Montreal, Nice & Naughty, Plov, Pork Barrel, Poultry, Ranch, SouthWest, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
Bone-in skin on chicken thighs
Coarse ground salt (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees on bake.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack, in baking pan.
Sprinkle District Spice blend over tops of thighs until coated. Give a very light sprinkle of coarsely ground salt over the tops of thighs (optional).
Bake for 45 minutes using top oven rack, or until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
(Chicken thighs with Jamaican Jerk, just before baking)