Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Creole, Gyro, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
Makes 12 biscuits
2 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
1.5 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey jack)
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (plain, full fat recommended)
4 tbsp butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Mix together District Spice blend, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Add in eggs, sour cream (or yogurt), and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a cupcake tin (or use silicon or nonstick). Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake spaces.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until cooked through and tops are slightly browning.
- Remove from oven, and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove from tin, and serve.
Dry ingredients (Creole blend)
Biscuit dough (Creole blend)
Creole biscuits, ready to serve!
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Montreal, Sriracha, Tuscan, Tuscan Heat
1 tbsp District Spice blend (start with 1 tsp for Sriracha)
1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp (tails removed)
2 tbsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to pan, heat until almost smoking
- Add shrimp to oil and stir, cooking until slightly pink
- Sprinkle on District Spice blend, and continue stirring until shrimp is cooked (opaque)
- Optional: Add a dash of salt
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends, use 1/2 tbsp for Sriracha), plus 1 tsp for garnish (1/2 tsp for Sriracha)
2 cans (15 oz each) chickpeas
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp salt
- Drain chickpea cans, saving the reserve for use later.
- Combine District Spice blend of choice, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor, and puree. While mixing, incrementally add chickpea reserve chickpea until you reach your desired creamy consistency. Throw away unused liquid.
- Transfer to bowl, and lightly sprinkle 1 tsp District Spice blend over top for garnish. Serve, or chill for later use.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Montreal, Pork Barrel, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat
2 tsp recommended District Spice blend (1 tsp if using Sriracha, then increase to taste)
1 Dozen eggs, boiled and peeled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat recommended)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of salt (optional)
- Slice all eggs in half lengthwise, place all yolks in a bowl.
- Add District Spice blend, Greek yogurt, mustard, and black pepper. Mix until well-blended. Add more Greek yogurt, if desired, for creamier consistency.
- Fill egg whites with mixture. You will probably have some left over, which is delicious on its own.
Optional: Sprinkle a bit of salt over the top of the eggs.
Optional: Add a pinch of spice over the top of eggs, for a bit of extra color and flavor.
Serves approx. 4
Recommended Blends: Chesapeake*, Chili Dust*, Creole, Currying Favor, Plov, SouthWest, Taco/Taco Heat*, Za’atar*
*Recommend adding these blends into rice after cooking
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
2 cups of vegetable (or chicken) broth
1 cup basmati rice (rinse optional)
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
Combine District Spice blend (unless adding after cooking rice), broth, and salt in pot and bring to boil.
Add basmati rice, stir, and bring back to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove pot from heat, keep covered and let rest 5 minutes. Stir (mixing in spice if not added previously), fluff rice with fork, and serve.
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see below for recommended blends and optional add-ins)
2-3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Recommended Blends & Optional Add-ins:
– Chili Dust: 1 cup black beans, 1/4-1/2 cup diced onions
– Creole: cheese only
– SouthWest: salsa & sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (add these after cooking, to taste)
– Taco/Taco Heat: 4 oz cooked ground beef, 1/4-1/2 cup diced onions, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (after cooking, to taste)
Break all 8 eggs into a bowl, add District Spice blend, and scramble thoroughly.
Add eggs to a hot pan and scramble, mixing in add-ins as desired.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Creole, Currying Favor, Ranch, SouthWest
1-2 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
2-3 russet potatoes
heavy whipping cream, as needed (usually approx. 1 cup)
pinch of salt
Boil or roast potatoes, until soft.
Mash with District Spice blend of choice and salt.
Slowly add heavy cream, while continuing to mash, until desired consistency is reached.