Makes 3-4 servings
2 tsp District Spice Chesapeake blend
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
3 egg yolks
Juice from half a lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Couple dashes salt
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, yolks, and lemon juice until blended.
- Heat mixture using a double boiler (if you don’t have one, place a strainer/sieve over a sauce pan of water and place bowl in the sieve, ensuring water is not high enough to spill into bowl), stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes over low-medium heat, until the sauce is hot, but not simmering.
- Remove from heat and stir in Chesapeake blend, mustard, and a couple dashes of salt.
- Mix well, and serve over eggs!
Chesapeake Yogurt Hollandaise, used to make Crabcake Eggs Benedict
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Gyro, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends, use 1/2 tbsp for Sriracha), plus 1 tsp for garnish (1/2 tsp for Sriracha)
2 cans (15 oz each) chickpeas
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp salt
- Drain chickpea cans, saving the reserve for use later.
- Combine District Spice blend of choice, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor, and puree. While mixing, incrementally add chickpea reserve chickpea until you reach your desired creamy consistency. Throw away unused liquid.
- Transfer to bowl, and lightly sprinkle 1 tsp District Spice blend over top for garnish. Serve, or chill for later use.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Chili Dust, Creole, Currying Favor, Montreal, Pork Barrel, Ranch, SouthWest, Sriracha, Taco/Taco Heat
2 tsp recommended District Spice blend (1 tsp if using Sriracha, then increase to taste)
1 Dozen eggs, boiled and peeled
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat recommended)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
Dash of salt (optional)
- Slice all eggs in half lengthwise, place all yolks in a bowl.
- Add District Spice blend, Greek yogurt, mustard, and black pepper. Mix until well-blended. Add more Greek yogurt, if desired, for creamier consistency.
- Fill egg whites with mixture. You will probably have some left over, which is delicious on its own.
Optional: Sprinkle a bit of salt over the top of the eggs.
Optional: Add a pinch of spice over the top of eggs, for a bit of extra color and flavor.
Serves approx. 4
Recommended Blends: Chesapeake*, Chili Dust*, Creole, Currying Favor, Plov, SouthWest, Taco/Taco Heat*, Za’atar*
*Recommend adding these blends into rice after cooking
1 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
2 cups of vegetable (or chicken) broth
1 cup basmati rice (rinse optional)
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
Combine District Spice blend (unless adding after cooking rice), broth, and salt in pot and bring to boil.
Add basmati rice, stir, and bring back to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove pot from heat, keep covered and let rest 5 minutes. Stir (mixing in spice if not added previously), fluff rice with fork, and serve.
Recommended blends: Chesapeake, Creole, Currying Favor, Ranch, SouthWest
1-2 tbsp District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
2-3 russet potatoes
heavy whipping cream, as needed (usually approx. 1 cup)
pinch of salt
Boil or roast potatoes, until soft.
Mash with District Spice blend of choice and salt.
Slowly add heavy cream, while continuing to mash, until desired consistency is reached.
1-2 tbsp District Spice Chesapeake blend
30 medium sized shrimp
6 bamboo skewers
Add 5 shrimp onto each bamboo skewer.
Sprinkle District Spice Chesapeake blend over both sides of shrimp.
Grill approx. 3 minutes each side.
Remove from bamboo skewers, and serve.