Makes approx 12-13 pieces
2 tbsp District Spice Adana blend
2 lbs ground lamb or beef
1 tsp salt
chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Mix Adana blend, meat, and salt together in bowl until well blended.
- Divide evenly into 12-13 balls, about 1-2″ in diameter.
- Place balls on skewers for grill, or in cupcake tin for oven.
- Grill on medium heat until char forms on one side, flip, then cook on other side until char forms (approx. 10 minutes per side). If using oven, bake for approx. 45 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley, and serve with desired sides.
On the grill
Adana kebabs served with saffron rice and grilled tomato, garnished with parsley.
Recommended Blends: Adana, Gyro, Montreal, Ranch, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat
2 tbsp preferred District Spice blend
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs radishes, quartered
1 tsp salt
2 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Toss radishes with olive oil, salt, and District Spice blend. Spread on baking sheet.
2. Bake at 400F for an hour, or until cooked through
3. Toss with Parmesan cheese.
4. Serve hot.
Recommended Blends: Adana, BBQ, Chili Dust, Congressional Grilling, Currying Favor, Jamaican Jerk, Memphis BBQ, Montreal, Nice & Naughty, Plov, Pork Barrel, Poultry, Ranch, SouthWest, Tuscan/Tuscan Heat, Za’atar
District Spice blend (see above for recommended blends)
Bone-in skin on chicken thighs
Coarse ground salt (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees on bake.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack, in baking pan.
Sprinkle District Spice blend over tops of thighs until coated. Give a very light sprinkle of coarsely ground salt over the tops of thighs (optional).
Bake for 45 minutes using top oven rack, or until cooked through. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
(Chicken thighs with Jamaican Jerk, just before baking)