1 tbsp District Spice Hand in the Cookie Jar blend
2 cups half & half
1/2 cup granulated sugar
12 slices from day-old baguette bread, cubed (can use croissants or brioche)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large ripe peach
4-6 oz. honey goat cheese (if unavailable, use 4-6 oz plain goat cheese with 2 tbsp honey)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Leave goat cheese in fridge (cold goat cheese is easier to crumble).
- Dice peach and toss lightly with 1 tbsp sugar, set aside.
- Line a lightly buttered small loaf pan with bread cubes
- Whisk together Hand in the Cookie Jar blend, eggs, half & half, remaining sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread cubes, and allow to sit at room temperature for one hour, allowing the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Pour peach mixture over bread.
- Remove honey goat cheese from fridge, and crumble over the top to taste (if using plain goat cheese and honey, crumble goat cheese over top and drizzle honey).
- Bake at 325F for 45 minutes, or until dish is golden brown and bubbling to indicate the custard has set.
- Serve hot or chill to serve sold. Pairs well with cream fraiche or caramel sauce over the top.
Peach & honey goat cheese bread pudding