Makes approximately 6-8 servings
2 tbsp District Spice Montreal blend
3 lbs russet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Optional: 4 strips bacon (pork or vegan substitute), cooked & chopped into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces; 1 red onion, chopped and sauteed; splash dessert wine
- Combine olive oil and District Spice Montreal blend in container, and let sit for one hour. For best results, let blend infuse overnight.
- Dice potatoes into circa 1/2 inch pieces, and soak for one hour in cool water, to remove excess starch.
- Strain potatoes and allow to dry. Use a towel to pat potatoes dry as needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Optional: Dice red onion. Use a small amount of oil, or fat from the bacon, to caramelize the onion. For additional flavor, add some dessert wine to onions and saute until liquid is gone. Add onion to bacon, mix, and set aside.
- Toss dry potatoes in a bowl with Montreal-infused olive oil. Once coated, arrange potatoes in baking dish one layer deep. Pour any remain oil in the bowl over the potatoes.
- Bake dish for 30 minutes. Toss potatoes in dish, and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned.
- Optional: Sprinkle bacon/onion mixture over potatoes and continuing baking for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.Montreal roasted potatoes, vegan style